Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength; they will soar on wings like eagles.
They will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.

Saturday, April 21, 2012

Dominican Republic {Day 3.2}

I'm a breaker of promises. You have my profuse apologies.

You should also know that the second part of this day probably could have been added to the previous post, if it weren't for the profuse amount of photos that I took.

So monday, after returning from Conacado, we were whisked off to the beach on the church's enormous school bus. It was the 13 members of our team, along with Pastor Tanis, his youngest son, Eliazar, his daughter, Tanya, and his oldest son Elitanis. I believe that we also brought Fortune and possibly Gaby, but I didn't know them very well at this point, so I can't really remember if they were there or not.

I can't even begin to describe how incredible it was to be swimming in Caribbean waters, feeling the warm salt water surrounding me, in the midst of march, and feeling coral under my feet. What was almost more awe-inspiring was the amplitude of wealthy people lounging on the beach, when it had taken us less than half an hour to move from a relatively impoverished village to be here, in the midst of tourism. It was almost appalling. I am, however, thankful to Tanis for giving us this opportunity to get to know a more beautiful side of the Dominican Republic.
Pastor Tanis 

Footprints in the sand {I had to be just that cheesey}

An old fisherman at sunset. He was flattered when I asked if I could take his picture.

Vamos a la playa


Some sort of sea star that scurried every which way. Also, Left to Right: Chuck, Sea Star, Zach.

Tanya and I

Awe-struck
Also, to the recipients of my INCREDIBLY TARDY THANK YOU LETTERS, you have my profuse apologies. They've been in the making for weeks now, but due to some extenuating circumstances {classes, exams, work, and lack of a vehicle to pick up the pictures} they've taken some time to get to you. Again, I'm terribly sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment