Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength; they will soar on wings like eagles.
They will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Peace

Imagine the world in the midst of a snowstorm. You look out the window of the living room and see the dusky sky and the snow glittering on the ground, uncorrupted, untouched. Pure, white, innocent snow. Then you step outside and hear nothing. Nothing but the wonderful quiet that has fallen with the snow. For a moment you feel as though you are the only person there is. That is peace.
Fowler campus around midnight is similar. Many nights, on my way back from Wilson, I walk as slowly as I can back to Fulton, drinking in a similar kind of peacefulness. There's something indescribable, something divine, about the peace of Gordon late at night. Its as if God himself is dwelling over our campus. Like he holds the grounds and the ponds in his hands and breathes a sort of Shalom into it. Its these moments that I feel whole; when my heartache stills for a time. Its now that I feel closest to God.

No comments:

Post a Comment