Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength; they will soar on wings like eagles.
They will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

The Horrifying Dream I Had (And other interesting things)

Not last night, but the night before, I lay down to go to bed, which I do so successfully after about an hour (I can never get to sleep. these beds are like boards) and somewhere around 5 have this horrible nightmare:
It's as though I'm watching a movie, so I'm just an onlooker, but there is this man who has recently been diagnosed with bipolar or something and he is having a manic episode. His son and daughter or his son and his son's girlfriend are sitting in the car, both in the front seat. The father climbs in the back seat and violently stabs through the back of the drivers seat (where his son is sitting) with a knife that is appx. 12 inches with a serrated blade. The son sits there, in the front seat, slowly dying, and urges his sister or girlfriend to get out, run away, when the father stabs her through the seat too. She dies instantly. Then, the son pulls his own knife (out of NOWHERE) and reaches into the back seat to kill his father. After completing the task, I actually SEE the life go out of his eyes.
So that was that. Needless to say, when I awoke from that dream at about 5 am I experienced some difficulty going back to sleep. I turn on Otto Koning's The Pineapple Series, which is a series of sermons, and begin to browse through the hulu TV shows. However, the website greets me with the lovely picture of  a masked man and the introduction of something to do with Halloween. So I lay in my bed, paralyzed, until about 6, when I fell back asleep until 9, and got up and went to the gym. Hurrah.

So today I was stumbled upon this blog, and a post about the most awesome photos of soldiers, taken by soldiers. Something about men in uniform makes my heart shake a little and my stomach do a flip. Pearl Harbor kind of did me in, with that. Danny (Josh Hartnett) looking so sad when his best friend and childhood hero went off to Britain, his righteous anger. His heartwrenching attractiveness. Anyway, I found these pictures, look at them if you get a sec.
They're pictures of British soldiers, but hey, still cool.
Enjoy the rest of your wonderfully fall-esque day.

No comments:

Post a Comment