Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength; they will soar on wings like eagles.
They will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Pop! Goes my focus...

Sitting here, studying for another Human Behavior Exam, and am taken aback by these developmental theories (that I have evidently never paid attention to before tonight. whoopsie.). They all seem to be telling me that I'm going to be a failure because I:

  • Have experienced anxiety during an identity crisis yet may not have made a decision
  • Have strong conflicting feelings about what I should or shouldn't do
  • Am a passive follower, in general
  • Often feel inferior
Isn't it wonderful? I'm going to be stagnant! 
Well, Mr. Erickson, not if I can help it. I've become determined to overcome this passivity, this anxiety, this people-pleasing attitude, in order to be who I am supposed to be. I'm pretty sure that I'm not supposed to be a doormat. 
Anywho, I'm clearly not studying at the moment, this being because I decided to take a 15 minute study break about an hour ago and since then have been studying intermittently in about 10 minute intervals. I'm having trouble focusing. This is what happens to me when I try to cram all my studying in the night before the exam. I'm such a slacker. 

Also, an update. I have been periodically working on my blog, trying to make it pretty or whatever, so right now its pretty ugly. Lots of stuff aren't working right now and it's just a mess. When I find time, and when I don't have work to drown under, I will get back to sprucing it up. In the mean time, enjoy the homey plainness of it. Now, it's time for me to go learn about why assertiveness is important and how that ship has sailed for me. Hopefully they've got a vessel that I can get on board with. 

TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment