Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength; they will soar on wings like eagles.
They will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.

Saturday, January 14, 2012

A Catalog of My Thoughts

First:
I've been spending a lot of time with/talking with Nate and its definitely been a challenge. It doesn't make me forget the reasons we broke up, per se, but it certainly reminds me of what a fantastic person he is. He told me "I don't know what the future holds but I know who holds the future." And how right he is. So when I start to fret about the Nate situation, I remind myself that if we are supposed to be together, we will be together. If we're not, we will not. But no matter what, I know that God has got this whole situation under control, and so it's not something that I need to worry about. It's very comforting.

Second:
I'm very happy that I've been able to find such a friend in Chuck. He's a really good guy. He came to visit me today (drove all the way from Lebanon to Alexandria) and made me friend request all these people. He understands my issues and is encouraging me, which is such a nice feeling.

Third:
Sarah's friend Eli and I have been talking a bit, which has also been very encouraging. I have to quote this, if solely because it is such a boost for my morale. He told me "you're a rock star of a gal" and meant it. I just love that. I want to get it tattooed somewhere (not really. ugh. but it did make me feel...better than I've been feeling.)

Fourth:
I'm very proud of Nathan because he did something very difficult today. I think it made me respect him a little more, too.

Fifth:
I've made leeway with my mom in the Harry Potter category. She even picked the first DVD up at the library for me the other day! I've been watching it for two days. I can't get enough. The end of this movie always makes me a little teary-eyed, when Neville wins the winning ten points for Gryffindor for standing up to his friends. Oh it's just so wonderful. I'm getting a bit emotional just writing about it.

I go back to school on tuesday! I have so much cleaning, packing and socializing to do! Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment