Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength; they will soar on wings like eagles.
They will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Places I Have Been

Oooh, I like this one. I love talking about my travels. Great fun.

Well, I was born in Wyoming and then moved to England, which you may know from my about me {I'm kind of proud of that. How many New Hampshirites can say that?} but I guess that may not really count because I don't really remember either of those places. Actually, I don't remember those places at all. So chronologically, the places I remember:

When I was 5 I flew into Georgia and saw my aunt, uncle, cousins, and Dad, who drove me to Florida to see my Grandparents, stepmom, and little sister. That was the first time I met any of them since I was 2 years old.

When I was 9 I went to visit my dad in the Azores, Portugal.
I was in Terceira, where my Dad was stationed, and I went to Santa Maria for a layover.
When I was 10 I went to New York City for the first time and had all sorts of fun adventures with my mom, stepdad, and older brother. Never will I share those pictures though. It's a tad bit too humiliating.

When I was 11, I guess, I went to North Carolina for the first time, to visit my mom's best friend.

When I was in 7th grade I went to North Carolina again, to visit my dad and my mom's best friend. I was all over that state during that visit. We drove to North Carolina so it was a long 21 hour trip and we drove through a TON of states. 

I think in 7th Grade was the first time we took a ski trip, and we went to Canada. I almost died. NBD.

In 8th Grade I took a wonderful field trip to Washington DC, tons of fun, lots of sights that I saw, my favorites being the Holocaust Museum and the changing of the guard at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier.

I'm pretty sure we went to Canada again in 8th Grade, which was much more fun this time.

In 9th Grade I went to Texas, to visit my dad once again. Went to the Alamo, the Riverwalk, Sea World {I got this close to a dolphin. very cool.}

In 10th grade we went on a trip to Sunapee or Sunday River {I can't remember which} and watched the Patriots finish off a great season with a terrible game. It hurts to think about it.

In 11th Grade I went to Honduras on a missions trip, to Siguatepeque.

It's sort of hard to see, but I think we flew into San Pedro Sula, and then drove to Siguatepeque, where we stayed.
That was one of the best trips of my life, I think. I really enjoyed it.

Then I went back to North Carolina in 11th grade to visit my Dad again, and went to the ocean.

And then in 12th grade my class went to Old Orchard Beach. Haven't traveled much since I started school, but I'm going to the Dominican Republic in March, and possibly New Jersey in January. We'll see.

Oh yeah, guys, I'M GOING TO THE DR! {whoop whoop!}

Feliz lunes!

No comments:

Post a Comment