Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength; they will soar on wings like eagles.
They will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

These Nights

Its been a few weeks now that I've had trouble sleeping. Every night, it seems, I go to bed, exhausted and ready just to sleep. Then I toss and turn for hours before I finally fall asleep, and when I do, I sleep for a few hours and wake up with some sort of terrible nightmare. Such has been the cycle of sleep for me. I'm not sure whats going on with me. I just know that I have to figure out how to cope with this. It's exhausting.
On another note, it is now november first! 55 days until christmas everyone, and only one month until ABC Family's 25 Days of Christmas, a very exciting time of the year. Three weeks until thanksgiving, 12 days until  I get to go home for the weekend. So many things to look forward to. However, I first need to get through this week. An essay in spanish, journals in sociology, and I haven't even looked at the syllabus for Nobel Lit. It'll be a week full of work, which is something that I can't say I've done much of this semester. I may actually benefit from dousing myself in work, holing up in the library. i need to find my self discipline, my determination, my motivation. I need to remember what made me run before I became so lazy. I need to kick this laziness.

Also, if anyone happens to read this, I would ask for your prayer requests right now. I haven't had nightmares like this since I was a child. I'm not sure what has brought them on, though I suspect the self exposure to horror movies may have contributed to that (this is exactly what I mean when I speak of self discipline). I'm also just meandering on the brink of failure, I believe, too. Sleeping all the time, missing classes, procrastinating, taking things too personally, and questioning the choices I've made. Prayer would be greatly appreciated.

I hope you all have an easier time of getting to sleep than I have and than I most likely will tonight. Enjoy the beginning of an entirely new month!

No comments:

Post a Comment